Thanks for using Pinetool. Our goal is to make people productive before, during and after events. As such, we take very seriously the respect and protection of your privacy and security. We are committed to following and continuously evolving best practices to support this principle.
Effective date: Feb 12, 2019. Last Updated: Feb 12, 2019
What information we collect
What types of information we collect from you depends on how you use the Services, what Services you use, and what information you choose to provide or make available to us. We collect information from you when you:
- Create or register an account, and when you administer your account.
- Input information or data into any of our Services, or post or upload Content to our Services.
- Submit questions, requests, other communications to us via forms, email, or other communication media.
- Contact us for customer support or technical support.
- Visit any of our websites or download any of our apps.
- Participate in any promotions, demonstrations, contests, surveys, or other marketing events.
- Interact with other Pinetool users and guests on our community places.
- Integrate third-party products and services with your Pinetool account.
To use certain Services, you will be required to create an account (“Account”).
Some parts of the Services enable you to build a public profile in connection with your Account (“Public Profile”). Your Public Profile will include your name and other information that you choose to include in your Public Profile, such as your gender and a profile picture, and you can control which such information will appear on your Public Profile. In some cases, even if you do not create a Public Profile, the applicable Event Organizer may create a public profile for you, based on the information you provided while registering for the Services or event, and publish such public profile amongst the profiles of other attendees of such event (the “Event Community”). If you do not want the Event Organizer to create such a public profile for you and publish it automatically within the Event Community, opt out by visiting your Account settings. PLEASE USE CAUTION WHEN UPLOADING CONTENT TO YOUR PUBLIC PROFILE. THE DATA THAT YOU UPLOAD WILL BE AVAILABLE TO OTHERS.
Share with Friends
The Services enable you to invite your friends to use our Services by sending them an invitation email message or a text message. You may do so by: (i) using the Services to send or post an invitation message via your Third Party Account; and/or (ii) using the Services to send an invitation email to your friend’s external email address. If you send or post an invitation message, we will store Personal Information about the recipient such as their email address or their third party website account user name and ID.
“Contact Us” Information
If you send us a “Contact Us” request, whether by submitting an online form that we make available or by sending an email to an email address that we display, you will be required to provide us with certain information, such as your name and email address in order to send the message to us.
We automatically collect certain information about you as you use the Services, including, without limitation, through cookies on the Pinetool website and in-app tracking when you use our Apps (“Log Data”).
This may include information about your device (such as your Unique Device Identifier), your location, your Internet usage, and how you interact with the Services. This may include information about the way you use the Services, the parts of our Services you use and third party apps or websites you visit when you leave our Services.
We provide certain location-based services (“Location Services”) in connection with the Services that are dependent on data related to the geographic location of your mobile device used for the Service (“Location Data”). If you choose to participate in these Location Services, you agree that we will collect or obtain your Location Data. You may use the settings on your mobile device to turn off location-sharing features.
Even though we’re collecting personal information directly from you, occasionally we may collect certain information about you from other sources.
- Financial and/or transaction details from payment providers (in order to process the transaction).
- Third party services like Google, Facebook, Twitter may provide us with certain information about you when you link/connect/login to any third party provider. The amount of information may vary and can be/is controlled by that service provider or by you via privacy settings controls available in the account settings of that service provider.
- From Third Parties we may obtain demographic data, fraud detection information, combine it with the info we have about you, to confirm your identity, these can be identity verification services used for fraud warning purposed.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. The Help feature on most browsers provide information on how to accept cookies, disable cookies or to notify you when receiving a new cookie.
If you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some features of our Service and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Mobile Device Data
We collect limited information from your mobile device in order to provide the Services. Such information includes your mobile device type, mobile device ID, and date and time stamps of Services use. In addition, we deploy analytics technologies within the Service to help us gather aggregate statistics.
Publicly Available Information
Your Public Profile and any publicly available content that you post on or via the Services (“User Submissions”) will be publicly available to other users of the Services and will also be accessed and used by people off the Services. For instance, if you view another user’s profile or “like” a certain event within the Services, such information can be viewed by others. The notices and tools that we provide on the Services should help inform you which information will be made publicly available. If you publish your contact information in any User Submissions or as part of your Public Profile, you may receive unsolicited messages from other users of the Services or the public. WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO ONLY POST INFORMATION THAT YOU ARE SURE YOU WANT TO BE ACCESSIBLE TO ANYONE.
How we use personal information
We use the information we collect for a variety of purposes, and how we use it depends on what we collect and what Services you use (or features of the Services). These purposes may include:
- Providing the Services to you.
- Responding to requests or inquiries from you.
- Providing customer support or technical assistance.
- Contacting you to provide product updates, information about products you have requested or purchased.
- Marketing Pinetool products, services and features that you may be interested in, and monitoring the performance of our advertisements and marketing efforts.
- Creating or administering your account, including identifying you with your account or the account of the Pinetool customer.
- Billing you.
- Deriving market insights, ways to improve the Services, and other business analysis or research purposes.
- Customizing existing and future product offerings and other aspects of the Services to you and other users.
- Securing the Services and our systems, and protecting your information and data.
- Sharing your Personal Information, and other statistical and analytical information with Event Organizers, for the purpose of providing you with the Services.
- Sharing with third parties for the purposes discussed in “How we share information”, below.
- Any legitimate business purpose, provided that the information is aggregated and anonymized.
Personally Identifiable Information
Specifically, we may use personally identifiable information (including those contained within the Customer Information or otherwise collected by us) for the above purposes, but only as to the extent necessary for the purposes for which you have provided us with the information, to respond to inquiries or requests (including requests for customer support or technical assistance), to otherwise perform our obligations or act consistently with our Terms of Service, to respond to law enforcement or other governmental or legal authorities, and to otherwise use the information consistent with your instructions to us (both explicit, such as when you contact us directly with a request, and implied, such as when you engage us to provide you with the Services). If you wish to change these instructions, either by request, by correcting, amending, or deleting information we may have collected about you, or by opting out of certain data collection practices, please see “Managing Your Information”, below.
How we share information
We disclose information we collect in the following cases:
- You asked us to, or otherwise gave your specific consent (for example, by posting Content using the Activity Stream feature, you consent to our sharing that Content with other Pinetool users).
- With vendors we engage to provide you with aspects of the Services, such as data storage, hosting, email marketing, customer support and payment processing.
- With third-party service providers who enable certain features or functionalities of the Services that you’ve requested.
- If you are an End User, we will also share your information (including your contact information and information about your engagement on the Services) with the Customer associated with your account in order to provide the functionality of the Services. The Customer may contact you in relation to one or more Events for which you have registered (including through push notification on your device), or for their own marketing and promotional purposes.
- With vendors we engage to help us gain insights and analytics into how the Services are used and how they might be improved (for example, we may use third-party data enrichment services to match Customer Information or other personally identifiable information we collect with publicly available database information in order to communicate more effectively with you).
- As necessary to comply with applicable law, including governmental requests, law enforcement requests, and otherwise to protect the rights, privacy, safety, or property of you, us, or others.
- As necessary in the event of a proposed or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, financing, or other disposition of all or any portion of Pinetool business, assets, or stock.
- With others for any legitimate business purpose, provided the information is aggregated and anonymized.
How we protect your information
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, and we strive to implement and maintain reasonable, commercially acceptable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information we store, in order to protect it from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure.
However, please be aware that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the Personal Information we have collected from you.
Managing your information
You have many choices to access information we collect about you and about how we use or disclose that information. This section details many of those choices, including how you can exercise rights you may with respect to your information (including personally identifiable information), how you can opt out of collection and use of certain types of information for certain purposes (such as marketing), and how you can use your browser or third-party tools to disable certain collection methods (such as cookies or tracking technologies).
You may access, correct, amend, or delete Content by accessing it within Pinetool. You control all Content you upload. For instructions on how to permanently delete Content from your Pinetool account, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that permanent deletion of Content through this process will impair or disable those features with respect to that Content.
You may access, correct, amend, or delete Customer Information we have about you by logging into your account and navigating to your Account page. If you wish to cancel your account, you may do so through your Account page. If you do, personally identifiable information associated with your account will be deleted as soon as is reasonably practical or as required by applicable law. Please note that we may retain information that is otherwise deleted in anonymized and aggregated form, in archived or backup copies as required pursuant to records retention obligations, or otherwise as required by law.
We may use some of the information we collect for marketing purposes, including to send you promotional communications about new Pinetool features, products, events, or other opportunities. If you wish to stop receiving these communications or to opt out of use of your information for these purposes, please follow the opt-out instructions by clicking “Unsubscribe” (or similar opt-out language) in those communications. You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to opt out.
International Transfers (including Transfers Outside of the European Union)
We process and store information on servers located in the United States, and we may store information on servers and equipment in other countries depending on a variety of factors, including the locations of our users and service providers. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer of information (including Customer Information, Content, and personally identifiable information) to locations that may be outside of your country of residence, including the United States. You acknowledge and agree that, as a condition of providing any Content, you can legally transfer it to the United States or another country.
With respect to transfers of information out of the European Union (EU), we may process some personally identifiable information pursuant to data processing agreements that include the EU Standard Contractual Clauses. To learn more about our data processing agreements, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information from children
Pinetool is not directed to children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personally identifiable information of a child under the age 13, we will take reasonable steps to delete such information from our files as soon as is practicable. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you believe we have any information from or about a child under the age of 13.